Saturday, September 03, 2005

Transplanting

I remember once seeing an old tree blown over by the wind. I don’t mean breaking off at ground level. I mean being torn up from the ground. There stood the tree’s root system, exposed on its side some ten feet tall, maybe more, sod still in tact. It was quite a sight. I also remember pulling up seedlings with one hand in my parents’ yard where we didn’t want them going.

Change is hard. Change is especially hard when you have lived life for a while, collected children, friends, belongings—history. The force that is required to uproot that tree and transplant it elsewhere is major to say the least. Some may think it exciting to see that old tree torn up from the ground—to do something new—but I just feel blown by the wind. What can I do but bow to his power?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home